Vietnam Business Channel

Japan's Fujifilm will make coronavirus antigen testing kits in Vietnam

Fujifilm Yuwa Medical Products Vietnam in Binh Duong Province / Photo courtesy of Fujifilm Corp

Fujifilm Corporation, one of Japan’s leading chemical companies announced that it plans to make novel coronavirus (COVID-19) antigen test kits in Vietnam and that these test kits will be distributed across the globe. for global markets by expanding its local production facilities.

Fujifilm will invest new funds in Fujifilm Yuwa Medical Products Vietnam Co., a joint venture producing diagnostic agents in 2021, which will allow the company to expand its production facilities so that 2 million test kits can be produced each month starting in 2022.

According to a Fujifilm spokesman in Tokyo, technology used in the photo printing process will allow the company to create test kits that can quickly and easily detect the novel coronavirus antigens. I

As well as producing kits in Vietnam, Fujifilm also plans to produce the kits at its plant in Kanagawa Prefecture, west of Tokyo, and has applied for manufacturing and marketing approval from the Japanese government.

Fujifilm Yuwa Medical Products was established in May in Binh Duong Province, in southern Vietnam. Fujifilm owns 51% of the company and Yuwa Company, which is located in Japan’s Nagano Prefecture, owns the other 49%

In antigen tests, swabs are inserted into a patient's nostrils, and the nasal discharge is placed in a test kit that allows for quick results to be provided. Current antigen tests have lower accuracy rates that polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests. Because antigen tests are easy to use and display their results quickly, there is a large market for their use at airports, events, hospitals, and other location and their demand is expected to grow quickly.

 

 

 

Read 167