Vietnam has been nominated in 11 categories for the World Travel Awards (WTA) 2020.
The country has been nominated in the Asia region in the following categories:
• Leading Culinary Destination,
• Leading Cultural Destination
• Leading Destination
• Leading Heritage Destination
• Leading Nature Destination
• Leading River Cruise Destination
• Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination
• Leading Youth Travel Destination.
Additionally, Vietnam was nominated for awards in the following categories:
• Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam, was nominated as Asia’s Leading City Break Destination
• Hoi An, in the central province of Quang Nam, was nominated as Asia’s Leading Cultural City Destination
• The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) was nominated as Asia's Leading Tourist Board
The WTA awards were launched in 1993 to acknowledge excellence in the travel and tourism industry and have been likened to the "travel industry's equivalent of the Oscars" by The Wall Street Journal.
The awards are based on votes by the public and travel industry professionals from around the world, and are given to the finest travel and tourism brands in seven geographic regions – Africa, Asia, Europe, Indian Ocean, North America, Middle East and Oceania.
This year the WTA is inviting both consumers and travel industry professionals around the world to participate in the 2020 awards by casting their votes by September 24th.
In previous years, Vietnam has received multiple awards, including:
• Asia’s Leading Culinary Destination
• Asia’s Leading Cultural Destination
• Asia’s Leading Destination
• Hoi An won the award for Asia’s Leading Cultural City Destination
• World Leading Heritage Destination (2019)
|To vote in this year’s World Travel Association awards
Vote by September 24th at: https://www.worldtravelawards.com/nominees/2020/asia